Introduction on Metro, Types of Metro Construction, Typical Metro Viaduct and Metro Station, Aspects of Project Management in Metro Construction. Case study on Span Load Test and Span Erection.
The Mechanics of Construction and Challenges in Metro Project
About the speaker
1. Graduate in Civil Engineering, Post Graduate in Structural Engineering, Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Human Resources) and PhD in Geopolymer Composites.
2. He served as Lecturer in Civil Engineering for two years in Diploma College.
3. He underwent Officer’s training at Indian Military Academy Dehradun. He was commissioned into Corps of Engineers of Indian Army in June 1989 as Lieutenant.
4. He has served in various military operations, ie., Operation PAWAN as part of Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka, Operation RAKSHAK and Operation PARAKRAM and Operation VIJAY in Jammu & Kashmir. He served in Counter Insurgency area of Jammu & Kashmir for four years. He was actively involved in fighting with terrorists.
He carried out tasks like mine laying, construction of operational tracks, construction of bunkers, operational bridges, retrieving of mines and IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices).
5. As a Project Manager, he successfully executed 150 Cr project of Residential Complexes for personnel of Indian Navy at Vishakhapatnam in a span of just two and half years.
6. He has vast experience of designing various types of structures for Army, Navy and Air Force while posted as Director (Design) in Srinagar, Chennai, Jodhpur and Bengaluru. He also has sound knowledge in Planning, Execution, Monitoring of works, Budget Resource planning etc.
7. He has presented number of technical papers in National and International seminars on geopolymer composites.
8. He has guided around 200 students (UG and MTech) of various engineering colleges for their Projects and Internship in Metro project.
9. As Dy Chief Engineer successfully completed Metro Project on Yellow Line consisting of 6.5Km viaduct and 5 Metro stations. Presently working on Airport line Metro work and executing 8 Metro stations between K R Puram and Hebbal.
10. He is Fellow of Institution of Engineers – India, Member of Indian Concrete Institute, Member of Indian Building Congress and Member of Institute of Military Engineers.